the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu)

3 posters

Go down

Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu) Empty Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu)

Post  Fermin Liu Wed May 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Entering the 21st century, human beings today are faces with a problem that our ancestors never went through: global warming. However, global warming does not seem like much of a threat with all our technological advancements and human potential and creativity. But it is! It is because the majority of the people (the corporations, the government, and each individual) do not acknowledge such an inconvenient truth. They are so caught up in their greed and self-preservation to worry about the people in the third world countries, the consumers who buy the toxic products, and our children’s future. Yet there is a way to stop excessive consumerism and the Earth’s deterioration; this solution is found in mass cooperation and helping each other, If we helped each other and focused on the whole rather than the self, we can eliminate our global problems.

To go to the problem and its cases directly, it can be said that selfishness is what mainly led to excessive consumerism. People buy like there is no tomorrow just so that they can feel happy (temporary happiness.) And the advertisement companies and corporations promote this so that they can make money. All this time, no one cares about the environmental effects such an over-consumption has on the planet. The industries do not care that the pollution and lack of resources are going to affect the lives of the future generations or those inhabitants whose lands have been used as dumping sites for the corps. And the consumers, they do not acknowledge how their buying is essentially contributing to this excess linear progression. They are just too caught up in their own happiness or are too insecure to do anything for the world.

Yet, even though we may be selfish or doubtful, we can be sure that we have the potential within ourselves to stop the environment’s degradation. If the Corps could connect with essence and feel that they are connected with everyone, then they would care more about the health of their consumers and the external costs of the product. By connecting and helping people, we will be able to see how selfishness cannot possibly function in a interconnected, essence-based world. We will thus want to help people and have passion and curiosity to discover new solutions for our problems. In this way, we will have advanced to another meme in the infinite spiral of growth and development in adjusting to our ever-changing life conditions. If we prioritize helping people and saving the environment rather than the self, we will find possible solutions to our new life conditions and problems.

And we have come up with many solutions. We have started to recycle more, spreading awareness for the environment’s poor state. As the mass consciousness is geared toward eliminating the problem and sacrificing for the greater good (so that humanity will not become extinct,) our passion will spread awareness and thus, government and corporations will have to change their selfish way of doing things since people will no longer be manipulated by their advertisements.

In conclusion, global warming and environmental degradation are not impossible to solve. We simply need to unite with everyone else, look within ourselves (to the essence) for the answers. We need to help each other and not be selfish as that is how nature works and how we should function. Unified, we will discover that potential is possible with passion and curiosity, that it is really all about what we have as our priorities and are concerned about. So maybe money cannot bring happiness because the desire for it is selfish and that does not flow with Essence, but perhaps helping people does bring satisfaction and happiness because we are embracing essence and doing what we should be doing.
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu) Empty Re: Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu)

Post  stephsquared Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 am

This is really incredible Fermin!
http://www.care2.com/causes/
this is an awesome link that addresses all the environmental issues, but in one place.
Darn, i wish i could have seen this yesterday so i would have more time to post an actual reply lol. (internet:( )
Anyway, this sounds really interesting and I'm really excited about where you're going with this:)

stephsquared

Back to top Go down

Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu) Empty Re: Doing the "Impossible" By Uncovering the Universal Truth (Fermin Liu)

Post  Rose Thu May 21, 2009 2:02 am

Fermin Liu,

I enjoyed reading your essay and found it to be clear and precise.

Now I wonder if you can help me out. I'm still feeling my way around and I'm still not sure what to comment on and what not. For example should I comment on the quality of the your essay alone or was the intention also to invite comment on the subject of global warming?
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Thu May 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Rose,

Thank you for your compliments! Very Happy As for commenting, you can pretty much comment on anything, from the what you liked in my post, what you disagreed with and why, to basically questions about any of the topics I addressed in my post in general. So, basically, as long as it is relevant to even a little bit of what I wrote (even if you are not commenting on the quality of my essay) everything is pretty much welcomed. I look forward to hearing what you have to say! Have fun! Smile
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Steph,

I'm so happy that you liked my essay! Smile As for the site, I really like it; it's so interesting and enlightening in the things that are happening all over the world today. Thank you! Very Happy
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down