the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! I'm Rose

+7
Luoh
Annie Fu
Ajk
joannneee
Philly_CS
joyceychen
Rose
11 posters

Go down

Hi! I'm Rose Empty Hi! I''m Rose

Post  Rose Wed May 13, 2009 10:51 pm

I thought I should introduce myself and let you know how I came by this forum. I’m not a student but I am interested in the subject matter of this form. I was involved in another forum when I came across Joshua’s invite for others to come and check out this forum. So here I am - if that’s okay. I’m popping off to deal with some emails but I’ll check back soon for the verdict.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Hi! I'm Rose Empty Re: Hi! I'm Rose

Post  joyceychen Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 pm

Hello and welcome, Rose!! cheers
My class and I are absolutely delighted to have drawn your interest to our forum/blog.
Looking forward to future discussions with your added insights!~
joyceychen
joyceychen

Back to top Go down

Post  Philly_CS Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Oh, welcome Rose. Welcome to the forums. Very Happy
Since this forum is still in its infancy, you won't find as much topics to your liking as the other, more established forums, but that doesn't stop us from exchanging our ideas!
Since this forum has a heavy influence from our teacher's teachings, I would recommend you to read most of the summaries on both the "Student Submissions" Forum, and the blog for our class:
http://transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com/
It would be interesting to hear from a different set of perspectives.
Enjoy your stay!
Philly_CS
Philly_CS

Back to top Go down

Post  joannneee Thu May 14, 2009 12:08 am

Hi Rose! I'm Joanne. Very Happy I'm glad to hear that you're interested in the topics we discuss - and as Phillip said, our discussions are definitely closely related to our class material, so visiting the blog would definitely help. The General Discussion section is where most of our talking ensues, so be sure to check there first. I hope you have fun in the forum! flower
joannneee
joannneee

Back to top Go down

Hi! I'm Rose Empty Nice to have you here Rose

Post  Ajk Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Rose,
Welcome! This is Ms. Kay, the students' American Literature teacher. I am also the school's AP Psychology teacher, as well as a practicing Reiki Master, meditation practitioner and other natural healing modalities.

We are glad to have you join, this is our goal; to extend the community, to fish out there and see if like minded folk wanna build on what momentum of interest we've started here.

Any topics that you want to post, please feel free. And as the Joyce, Phillip and Joanne said in their welcome to you - it's a good idea to check out the blog if you want for the context and background of ideas that lead to this forum. http://transparenteyeballers.blogspot.com

Hope your evening is going well over there in North America (is that correct?). We're in our third period of the day here on our Thursday. I just finished showing my AP Psychology students - now that the AP exam was taken this past Tuesday - a video talk from Pema Chodron on youtube, a video of Chogyam Trunpa talking on mindfulness at Berkely in 1976, and then a neuroscientist revealing the latest on brain plasticity on TedTV.

Life is good! glad to have you join in our discussions
Very Happy
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie Fu Thu May 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Hey there Rose! I'm Annie,

Really glad you joined the forum Smile It'll be great having your contributions to our class discussions too!
Annie Fu
Annie Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Luoh Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 pm

HELLO TO OUR TRANSPARENT EYEBALL FORUM. Check out our blog, that would help greatly with understanding why we say and discuss what we do within this forum. Hope to see comments on what we've learned soon Very Happy

Luoh

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicky Thu May 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Rose!

I'm Vicky, and it's really great to have you join our forum. Please don't hesitate to chim in on our discussions. It would be great to hear your opinion on these topics!
Vicky
Vicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey Rose!

I'm Fermin and I just wanted to come by and welcome you to our forum! I think it says a lot about a person when she actually has a personal desire and incentive to explore and learn about the collective unconsciousness or essence, which is really a topic that is not so mainstream or popular in the fast-paced, technology-based world of today. So, I absolutely admire your courage and passion for Transcendentalism, which is really the search for the meaning of life and the ultimate truth which lead us to the universal infinite potential. With that said, I hope you will contribute your thoughts and opinion to every topic in the forum because I just have a feeling that I can learn a lot from you and the wisdom you must have developed from your interest in this area. Very Happy
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  anita Thu May 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Rose, welcome! I'm Anita and we're all really excited to be presented with a new set of perspectives that I'm sure you will provide us with. I'm looking forward to your new insights Very Happy Hope to see you around the forum! If you have any questions (both about the forum and the topics), don't hesitate to ask!
anita
anita

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 pm

I just popped in to thank you all for those lovely warm welcomes. I’m going to check out the rest of the board and the blog mentioned above. I feel very privileged at being allowed to join you here. I was on another forum dealing with collective consciousness but it was closed for lack of support. Just not mainstream enough I suppose.

Ms. Kay, I'm in the UK. I'm a wife and mother with some strange and wonderful ideas and interests and would feel very privileged to be allow to comment on posts here and of course post a few questions of my own if I may. I will be doing some reading for now so I'll get back to you soon. Thanks again.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Fri May 15, 2009 8:04 am

Hi Rose, thanks for joining our forum, we're always glad to have more new comers join, if you can, why not invite some other friends who might be interested in these topics? Oh and if you don't mind me asking, are you from somewhere in the UK? Because you do sound like it. Anyways, again, great to have you on the forum, enjoy your stay.

Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ajk Fri May 15, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Rose,
I welcome you posting some of your strangest thoughts, particularly on the collective consiousness. It's great to hear your interests, not so great to hear you finding a lack of discussion out there on these topics that interest you. You could check out the links to start with on the blog. Also the Omega Institute. Also Osho's ideas. Also yoga sites, ones that get into the Hindu and Sanskrit philosophy, also Emerson's Over-Soul essay on emersoncentral.com.

Hope this helps, dunno how many of these have forums. Really, the big one, and we're going to be continuing to talk about collective consciousness, is the huge discussion on meditation, this is where it comes out from the resesearch being done currently in rather high volume that part of the affects of meditation is to connect with the part of the brain that holds the connection to the spiritual plane. It's pretty cool.

SO I and my students cheered when seeing you joined, for you were our very first joiner. And we all want to receive others' ideas on thes topics that no, do not get discussed on a regular basis in our material dominant world. Post away, Rose!

Cheers!
Ms. Kay sunny
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Fri May 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Kenny,

I will definitely start dropping the forum address around some other places I visit. I have at least one friend in mind who I think would love to get involved here.

I am from the UK, I was born in Scotland but now live just outside London. I sound like it ?? On paper ?? lol

Thanks again for the welcome.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Fri May 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Ajk,

Once again, thank you for making me feel so welcome. I spent some time yesterday reading your Blog and following up on some of the links. I watched The Story Of Stuff and it was quite an eye opener. I watched a few YouTubes on Osho, including a really funny one where he is describing why the word F*** is the most used word in the English language today. I have already checked out a few of Deepak Chopra, I like listening to him very much. I consulted Wikipedia about Transcendentalism and Emerson and some others. It all made some interesting reading. Thank you for those other links. Looks like I'm doing some more reading today before jumping into the forum. I do relaxation and meditation and I understand how beneficial it is in order to get ones head around the more complex thoughts and ideas. I look forward to checking out that discussion. Thanks again for all the information.

Last edited by Rose on Fri May 15, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down