the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

here's a great link on applying mindfulness tools to our everyday situations

2 posters

Go down

here's a great link on applying mindfulness tools to our everyday situations Empty here''s a great link on applying mindfulness tools to our everyday situations

Post  Ajk Thu May 21, 2009 12:42 pm

http://www.shambhala.org/teachers/pema/shenpa3a.php

Pema Chodron describes this ability of "Learning to Stay" with ourselves the moment we notice was are beginning to get tense in reaction to something someone else does so that we don't continue familiar reactive behaviors, but instead breathe space into the moment to open up to something new happening.

This is a hardcore teaching, simple in its logic, but THE CHALLENGE is in its repeated application. But it's how the progress is made - sitting with this ouch No Suspect pirat Embarassed cyclops

Enjoy! Very Happy bounce sunny
Ms. Kay
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

here's a great link on applying mindfulness tools to our everyday situations Empty Re: here's a great link on applying mindfulness tools to our everyday situations

Post  Philly_CS Thu May 21, 2009 7:36 pm

My god, this page is full of...well, I can't even begin to describe it. It's a page that tells you about the information, points out some problems you might have, and gives you the chance to fix ourselves up - or merely making us aware of our own potential. The great thing is the text's practicality. You can use it, as Ms. Kay said, well, generally in your daily life. It's worth a read, I assure you guys. I should start this...maybe from today. Yeah, that'll be a great start day.

When this year is finished, I'd like to see what becomes of our class, seeing the topics of the forum being posted and Ms. Kay bringing in more resources, from packets to websites.
Very Happy
Philly_CS
Philly_CS

Back to top Go down