the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get what you want

+10
hen
proey
kathy
Andy.S
Fermin Liu
anita
Ajk
Joshua
Kenny
soph
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How to get what you want - Page 2 Empty Re: How to get what you want

Post  Philly_CS Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Ken wrote:Now, the second thing i want to share is a slightly more compacted understanding of what the law of attraction is. What many of you have been saying and what I realized is that the law of attraction is not really a law or rule that exists int he universe, rather, it's a mindset, a mind rule created by humans tohelp with living life... blahblahblah

Great Ken, thanks for showing me how to condense my wadful of words into a sentence....or two.

Ken wrote:"The Law of attraction is a metaphor." That came to mind about two thirds through phil's post. It's an unfinished thought as you all can see, and I need help to get at what I'm trying to get at, I know for sure that the Secret is metaphor, but a metaphor for what?

Well, the Secret, the Law of Attraction, as you said in your second thought/paragraph, it is merely a change in our mindset. Your mind does not manipulate the fabric of the universe, you are merely changing your mindset. Now, once I viewed the whole LoA thing, the whole idea is basically: you can do amazing things even though (initially) you're not. Shifting the mindset, it's (sounds) much easier than just, well, I dunno, 'calling' forward all the things from the universe. Now isn't that just like, uh, well, aw crud, I lost my train of thought. I thought I was onto something there.

Now I'll try this again.

The Secret is a metaphor...for life? But LoA is a shifting of the mindset, so it makes it appear that everything changes when everything is the same. Something that shifts perspective. Huh. Well, I lost track of that thought again. Might as well just think about it tonight.

When I've come up with the answer, I'll come back Very Happy.

Soph wrote:Anyways, so what Kay is trying to say is that we should try to use meditation as a preparation for our minds before we really think about whether we want something or we need something.

Wait, how did you arrive to that conclusion? Because, from my point of view, I don't think we need anything at all when you actually get in touch with the Higher Being. Heck, why do you need, let's say, video games when you are in contact with the Collective Unconscious? It's fun! I swear. When you contact that collective unconscious, well, it's just as if everything comes toward and throughout you. I've had this feeling from improvisational music. Focus on the now, focus on the next note, boom. Connection and great music. It's entertainment beyond entertainment. 360 or PS3? Pssh.

Soph wrote:And we should receive guidance from the higher being, making us aware whether we only want something our of egotistical desires or if our inner being really desires that thing.

Uh....yeah. Desire is a funny thing. It can mean both want and need (or 'want' of satisfying need). To be honest, none of the desires we have are actually from the being. What does the being desire? The only thing I can think off the top of my head is love. And I don't think...actually, I think you might be onto something there. But a desire of material object is just something I don't find the being would have.

Soph wrote:It is a power within ourselves that will help us to obtain the correct mindset and perspectives when viewing the world, therefore having the feelings of gratitude towards what might be taken for granted. It allows us to change our views, therefore changing the way we view the world....
The law of attraction activates that switch insides us to want to do something to make our desires come true and therefore we are able to obtain what we really want with our own hands.

There you have it.

I think it might be a good idea to ask something to stir the topic up a bit. Or not, considering it's Saturday already.
Philly_CS
Philly_CS

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Chen Sat May 30, 2009 11:34 pm

I think it would depend on the term "Materialistic" and how you would want to define it. If we are talking about materialism in the most common yet the most distorted view, then, no because this materialism resides in our ego mind wanting to fulfill our shallow needs to achieve purposes such as self approvla, satisfacton (though ephermeral), and other similar means. The law of attraction reqiures a "want" which is not simply a desire but an inquiry of an experience whether it can come in the form of an ownership. this inquiry needs to come from the essence where greed and other ego mind based emotions come from.

Michael Chen

Back to top Go down

Post  joyceychen Sun May 31, 2009 12:45 am

soph wrote:*** However, this requires that we are in touch with our ego minds and possess close connections with the inner being. Or else how would we know what the wishes of the inner being is? But my question is how do we know for sure that we are having the right attitudes and perspectives if it is so hard to have a deep connection with our own essence? Since the ego mind is WAYYYY LOUDER than the voice of the soul, and the time in which we are able to truely quieten down our ego minds is liek what, 1 minuet max, how do we know that what we are doing and our perspectives are in line with the inner being? Some of you have suggested meditation, but even Ms Kay has said that even the most skilled monks can only really quieten down their ego minds for a couple of minuets at the very best, and they spend their lives on this. Since we have our own lives to get on with, and very very little time to ourselves, how can we be sure that we are following the desires of the inner being, instead of confusing it with the loudness of the ego mind?
As maybe Proey said, as I read the paragraph quoted above, there was one and only one word that was like font size 200, boldfaced in my mind: intuition.
I think my being was talking to me, right then. So yeah, I think it's just that gut feeling. If you stop and try to listen, is what I want, materialistically, something I really need? That's definitely the first step, deciphering between need and want.
But I'm kinda lost now, does anyone have an example of what the ego mind wants/needs vs what the being wants/needs?
darnit, i just seriously lost my train of thought. i'll edit this if it comes back....

and i really really love your post about the LoA, ken
joyceychen
joyceychen

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Sun May 31, 2009 1:18 pm

YEAH kenneeeeeeeey
i agreee. i was thikning of what the law of attraction really was, and when you thikn of it, its not really a LAW its more like a mindset you keep for yourself to keep you motivated and to keep you hopeful and then therefore, you do everything possible to reach it cause you already have your mind set on it. does that make sense? haha uh..yeah it does cuase if you think you cant do something then you wont even try and trying is the step you need to take to make all things possible.

OK BUTleading back to soph's topic, what you want really comes from your inner being, like joyce said, the intuition because when you REALLLLLLYWANT SOMETHING that is not from your ego mind, it will come from within. But when you want something that is in excess, you wont REALLy want it. well YOU wont want it, yoru ego-mind is the one wanting it, therefore you wont do as much as you would do if your inner being wanted it. omg that was really bad wording. I just think that if you use the law of attraction on somethign that comes from your inner being and on something YOU really want, your mindset will be more powerful than that from your ego mind Smile
kathy
kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  soph Sun May 31, 2009 9:20 pm

heyheyhey

>>Phil... What im trying to say here is that as we contemplate upon whether we truly need something or not, meditation could be a method to help us quieten our ego minds and therefore be able to hear the inner voice more clearly. I did not say that playing PSP is going to help with our connections to the collective unconscious =.= (I was refering to what Kathy (Kat) said, not Ms. Kay sorry Razz) Because Kat mentioned how we could use meditation as a means for shutting the ego mind up a little and I tried to incorporate that into the connection to hearing the inner voice amongst the loudness of the ego mind. You understand what Im trying to say...? Rolling Eyes And also, went I said that we should receive guidance from the higher being in order to be aware of what we desire in the ego mind or in the inner being, I wasnt referring to only the materialistic things. Of course the being would not desire something of this world, it was established in the earlier part of this thread btw. I meant to say that we would truly find out what the inner being truly desires above the material wants of the ego mind.

*** And I was also wondering, we all know that the world is changing as a pace that is faster than ever, therefore everything that seemed permanent to us right this moment may not really be there always. So since the law of attraction is a shift in the mindset and perspective that allows us to obtain what we want through our own powers, would this mean that if we change our perspectives, what we have created in our lives would also change too? Are we able to keep what we have created in this fast paced world? How do we do that? Or do we even need to do that?

Again, Joyce mentioned one of the key questions, what is an example of what the ego mind desires, and what is an example of what the inner being wants? someone help please... Shocked

Hehe I think kenny cleared up most of our confusion and whatevers with his deep deep post. Thanks to everyone who contributed throughout this week even though we got this awesome 4 day weekend!!! SHUANG ^^
GAH. school tomorrow =.=

ta
soph
soph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum