the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical Limitations and You. =D

+6
Angel
Kenny
Fermin Liu
Hannah Park
joyceychen
shawanne
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Physical Limitations and You. =D - Page 2 Empty Re: Physical Limitations and You. =D

Post  Hannah Park Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 am

My reality does not equal your reality, but my reality is neither > nor < your reality.

Hm... well, the world would be totally different if one lived another person lives. One would notice things differently, have different experiences, have different thought processes, and even have a different field of vision because of the height differences. And there is that never-ending debate about whether Kristen Wu's backpack's Jansport logo is blue or purple. Because technically, it's somewhere between periwinkle and majorelle blue, but I swear it's purple!

One would also have a different perspective of life. This will mean that my idea of impossible is different from yours. I might think that it's impossible to eat mustard and actually enjoy it, but some people literally dunk their hotdogs in mustards. pale Great, I want a hotdog now...
Hannah Park
Hannah Park

Back to top Go down

Physical Limitations and You. =D - Page 2 Empty Re: Physical Limitations and You. =D

Post  Fermin Liu Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 am

Mmhm. Reality is subjective, and not everyone will see one single thing the same way; a rock could be an obstacle to a person, but maybe not to another person. It's still limited to the physical domain, of course,

But even if we can't fly, as Hannah said, we /do/ have airplanes. XD

So, this is where our infinte potential comes into the equation? Smile Like Kenneth said, physical limitations and reality do exist and it is impossible to escape them--death of the physical body is inevitable. Yet, with the infinite potential of our being, we have the creative potential to do anything, to make up for what our physical bodies cannot. We cannot fly due to the law of gravity (another physical reality), but we have the power to simulate the act of flying with airplanes and other inventions. Thus, to answer the question that I had asked earlier about 'why we have infinte potential if we cannot transcend physical reality,' I now believe that our infinite potential, like the law of attraction, does not work exactly the way our materialistic and power-hungry side of ourselves want it to work. Infinite potential works indirectly--the way we were not expecting it--yet it definetly YIELDS results. Very Happy
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:49 am

So, this is where our infinte potential comes into the equation? Smile Like Kenneth said, physical limitations and reality do exist and it is impossible to escape them--death of the physical body is inevitable. Yet, with the infinite potential of our being, we have the creative potential to do anything, to make up for what our physical bodies cannot. We cannot fly due to the law of gravity (another physical reality), but we have the power to simulate the act of flying with airplanes and other inventions. Thus, to answer the question that I had asked earlier about 'why we have infinte potential if we cannot transcend physical reality,' I now believe that our infinite potential, like the law of attraction, does not work exactly the way our materialistic and power-hungry side of ourselves want it to work. Infinite potential works indirectly--the way we were not expecting it--yet it definetly YIELDS results. Very Happy

Mhm. We're limited to the physical domain, but our creative power is inexhaustible~that's what you're saying, right? Very Happy.
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Smile Like Kenneth said, physical limitations and reality do exist and it is impossible to escape them--death of the physical body is inevitable. Yet, with the infinite potential of our being, we have the creative potential to do anything, to make up for what our physical bodies cannot.
I haven’t visited this discussion for quite a while … and it certainly has exploded. In a good way. Very Happy
Like Fermin said, there are actually physical boundaries in our lives, ones that are just simply undefeatable and often unreachable. But they are not unimaginable; using our creative potentials (instead of infinite) we are able to construct anything that previously seemed entirely beyond our reach. What, then, does the source of infinite potential (the Universal Being) provide or grant us with, other than the will and power to dream and to do? Is the Universal Being telling us to dream, to only pursue unreachable heights by trying instead of achieving? (I sound really, really horrible. Sorry). We are achieving in an “indirect” way, yes, and gaining what we want in a materialistic fashion instead of actually attaining the real thing. Are we then confined to a space of continued trials of creativity and pursuit?
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:50 pm

Are we then confined to a space of continued trials of creativity and pursuit?

Spiral dynamics comes into play here, I think: We keep going upwards using our creativity to create more things, more helpful [or not?] objects and ideas that evolve as we keep going. It's a sort of indirect motivation, perhaps, that gives us the will to keep going--if there is no end in sight, it keeps us running, running, running...even if there is no end.

[[Warning: Long post! XD;]]

Here's the original song from my signature:

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, let's me see

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn beyond the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Over thinking, over analyzing, separate the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment, drawing way outside the lines

Black then white are all I see in my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me, let's me see
There is so much more and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities

As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
Drawn outside the lines of reason
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Over thinking, over analyzing, separate the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, leaving opportunities behind

Feed my will to feel this moment
Urging me to cross the line
Reaching out to embrace the random
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come

I embrace my
Desire to
I embrace my
Desire to
Feel the rhythm, to
Feel connected
Enough to step aside and
Weep like a widow, to
Feel inspired, to
Fathom the power, to
Witness the beauty, to
Bathe in the fountain, to
Swing on the spiral, to
Swing on the spiral, to

Swing on the spiral of
Our divinity and
Still be a human

With my feet upon the ground I move myself between the sounds
And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin
I'm reachin' up and reachin' out, I'm reachin' for the random or
Whatever will bewilder me, whatever will bewilder me
And following our will and wind, we may just go where no one's been
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been

Spiral out
Keep going
Spiral out
Keep going
Spiral out
Keep going
Spiral out!
Keep going

...I don't know if this explains anything or not, but it might? :O

Discuss~!
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Park Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:59 pm

Spiral dynamics comes into play here, I think: We keep going upwards using our creativity to create more things, more helpful [or not?] objects and ideas that evolve as we keep going. It's a sort of indirect motivation, perhaps, that gives us the will to keep going--if there is no end in sight, it keeps us running, running, running...even if there is no end.

So are we on a hamster wheel, running and running to try to go somwhere, but not knowing where? However, we are getting somewhere as a species...I mean even though we're killing the environment and all that, but we also developed new technologies and made new discoveries. So we are more like a hamster on a wheel that has broken off from the cage...if we don't keep on running, the wheel will turn over and trap us inside. We have to keep on going SOMEwhere, or we will be stuck in a situation we might not like. Of course, the hamster wheel might run off the desk the cage was put on...but it could also roll out of the door into a pile of sunflower seeds. Very Happy

Hannah Park
Hannah Park

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:10 pm

OMGSOCUTEGASP Very Happy

...Er, anyways...

Of course, the hamster wheel might run off the desk the cage was put on...but it could also roll out of the door into a pile of sunflower seeds.

Exactly. I'm so quoting that, it's the cutest metaphor I've seen in ages. XDDD

So are we on a hamster wheel, running and running to try to go somwhere, but not knowing where? However, we are getting somewhere as a species...I mean even though we're killing the environment and all that, but we also developed new technologies and made new discoveries. So we are more like a hamster on a wheel that has broken off from the cage...if we don't keep on running, the wheel will turn over and trap us inside. We have to keep on going SOMEwhere, or we will be stuck in a situation we might not like.

=O. Yeah, we are~[even with killing nature, which is D8] We might not be able to magically grow wings, turn into birds and fly or be able to shapeshift into hamsters, SOMEthing will jump out of our minds and lead us to new insights from the fountain of creativity. Uh. I'm not sure how you word that, but--we have to keep going, and where there are walls we break them down, or else we'd get nowhere. You can't break a wall by just thinking about it, like what Joanne said, but you have to smash it down with a hammer.

Any other thoughts~? Discuss~!
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Mhm. We're limited to the physical domain, but our creative power is inexhaustible~that's what you're saying, right? .

Yes Very Happy That is a very concise summary encapsulating the essence of what I was trying to convey. Thanks, Shawanne! Laughing

I agree. Very Happy In both the concept of spiral dynamics and actual life, needs always come before advancements, and thus, the new life conditions that we face are the beginning and cause of a new meme or level in the spiral going upward. In such a way of thinking, we will always need our creative potential no matter what, and this is where infinite potential comes into the equation on the physical domain--even though we may not completely and directly overcome physical reality, infinite potential allows us to overcome the problems and changes that are always arising in our individual lives as well as our lives as a species which impede us from living safely and comfortably. Very Happy

Physical limitations and reality are there for a reason--they are how our physical body can survive and function because not only is the physical governed by the physical, but the physical reality is also the only way our physical bodies can deal with the world of energy surrounding them. Just like we can only approach essence with our own essence, the physical body can only understand a world of physical reality with laws such as gravity and death. And even though the physical body may thus be restricted, we can still manifest our infinite potential on the nonlocal domain onto the local domain of physical objects. We manifest our infinite potential in using our creativity to develop inventions that help us deal with our problems--thus, indirectly overcoming the physical realities. Smile

When we face new life conditions and threats or problems that ultimately be a threat to our survival, our ego-mind which helps us survive somehow manages to be quiet and allow for our being to connect with essence and be creative. In the old days of fighting and hunting, our ego-mind helped us survive by being competitive and power-hungry as well as selfish. But when faced with a global epidemic, when we have realized the magnitude of the problem, we are then somehow able to shut down the ego-mind--understanding the impact of the problem on ALL OF US--and hear essence's inspiration and ideas. This shut-down of the ego-mind problably results from us acknowledging that we are all in thie together, that we will all die if we don't work together and if we don't stop being so selfish, and this will help us connect with the Common Essence, and ultimately, manifest our infinite potential physically on the local domain into a creative innovation that will help us survive. Very Happy And this will be the start of a new meme on the INFINITE spiral of life. These problems that always arise and need to be dealt with are thus reasons why we tap into the Common Essence, and because changes are just so part of life that they are endless, the growth and manifestation of infinite potential will also be INFINITE and ENDLESS. Very Happy
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:29 pm

When we face new life conditions and threats or problems that ultimately be a threat to our survival, our ego-mind which helps us survive somehow manages to be quiet and allow for our being to connect with essence and be creative. In the old days of fighting and hunting, our ego-mind helped us survive by being competitive and power-hungry as well as selfish. But when faced with a global epidemic, when we have realized the magnitude of the problem, we are then somehow able to shut down the ego-mind--understanding the impact of the problem on ALL OF US--and hear essence's inspiration and ideas.
I really do agree with you when you say that life-threatening conditions and dangers compel the individual to silence the ego-mind and contemplate deeply on what is to be done to resolve the issue. I don't know if we really do connect and/or bring forth the inner essence all the time when dealing with large issues. The ego-mind can also bring forth energies of creativity and brilliance. Do we really – and I'm speaking of all the time – hear the essence's inspiration and ideas? Surely, in times of danger and horrendous struggle both the ego-mind and the inner self are equally valuable and are generally capable of contributing the same levels of help. They are both indispensable resources. And the ego-mind transmits techniques and thoughts with unimaginable speed and ferocity – we don't all have time for harmony and intertwinement, although it is also possible for us all to tap into the common essence and link together with everybody. But would that be the response to solving pressing global issues, etc.? The ego-mind is not a monster, remember; it can also produce effective answers to constant inquiries and conflicts.
Also, what happens when not all individuals wish to cooperate within the ring of common essence? Meaning, what if there are differing opinions or differing solutions to problems? Does the essence's inspiration and ideas accumulate to the one answer that is supposedly "best" of all resolutions? Even though we connect on a higher spiritual plane on which unity and coordination/interconnection are keys to the preservation of serenity, all of our essences are different. In fact, some of them are entirely different from others (hence individuality).

p.s. Please be nice, Fermin. Don't wage war against me Wink
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Park Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:52 pm

angel wrote: Also, what happens when not all individuals wish to cooperate within the ring of common essence? Meaning, what if there are differing opinions or differing solutions to problems? Does the essence's inspiration and ideas accumulate to the one answer that is supposedly "best" of all resolutions? Even though we connect on a higher spiritual plane on which unity and coordination/interconnection are keys to the preservation of serenity, all of our essences are different. In fact, some of them are entirely different from others (hence individuality).

Well, if there was a confliction with "the ring of common essence," I guess the "better" thought/ opinion would win. By better, it could be the happier (because happy brainwaves are stonger) or it could be the thought of the person who is in better contanct with his or her essence. It's like in the court...usually the good guy wins (at least I hope so) but the bad guy could win if he has a really good lawyer. But in the long run, it'll work out in the end. (poetic justice! xD)

About how all our essences are different... isn't essence all the same, and the mind that is different and ultimately gives us our individuality?
Hannah Park
Hannah Park

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 pm

angel wrote:
Also, what happens when not all individuals wish to cooperate within the ring of common essence? Meaning, what if there are differing opinions or differing solutions to problems? Does the essence's inspiration and ideas accumulate to the one answer that is supposedly "best" of all resolutions? Even though we connect on a higher spiritual plane on which unity and coordination/interconnection are keys to the preservation of serenity, all of our essences are different. In fact, some of them are entirely different from others (hence individuality).

Angel, I hear what you're saying (and there isn't going to be a waging war because I'm ALL ABOUT PEACE Very Happy ). Very Happy Even though in the physical domain, whenever we solve problems, we essentially only use one method (whether that method was unanimously agreed upon or not), in the nonlocal domain of infinite potential where each individual on the physical plane is interconnected and can thus ALL have infinite power and inspiration, we are all entitled to possible solutions for our problems, meaning that even though our solution may not be used in the end, we will still have thought of one with the help of our creative potential. Smile Yet, since it seems like in the end there is only ONE perfect solution that will solve the pressing problem, maybe when we are tapping into the Common Essence for answers and possible solutions, we are all feeling the same solution on the energy and beign level, but it is the way in which we manifest IT physically that differ. Very Happy And that one physical manifestation of the same solution on the essence level may be the one that is most well-expressed and seems the most direct appraoch at solving the problem at hand simply because the person has been really connecting with Essence and thus, really understands the problem and the corresponding solution. Very Happy

For the second part of that quote, I think what you said is half-right. Smile Even though the Common Essence of which we're all a part is the SAME for EVERYONE, the being that makes up each of us, the one that is embodied in our physical bodies are unique for each individual because the being alters its own frequency somehow to best fit its physical host. Very Happy I also agree with Hannah in that the ego-mind with its selfish and ego-centric perspectives also come into play in defining an individual. It is becasue of the ego-mind that we ultimately perceive separation and the physical, and thus, it is because of the ego-mind that we are not VIEWED as physically interconnected. Laughing Yet, because all these differences are simply the infinite possibilites of the Universal Consciousness, is there really such a thing as the individual? Aren't we all still essetially a part of the GREATER? Smile Very Happy
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Physical Limitations and You. =D - Page 2 Empty Conclusion

Post  shawanne Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:37 pm

(Freewrite)

So what are physical limitations, really? According from the numerous responses received I guess I have a clearer picture of them now than before—that physical limitations are only the limitations on the physical domain itself (who’d think it’s so simple? The simplest things are sometimes the hardest to get, I guess), but there is more to it. We could all die, decompose, and eventually disappear; or we could be facing a rock wall that seems impossible to climb over, but if we harness our creative potential—that which is not limited to the physical only and is therefore could be considered…unlimited?—to fit our needs we could make new drugs that prolong our lives [but I’ve always thought…what would that do except make us live just a little while longer? Nobody can live all of life; we can live life to its fullest, but not all of it as well…we die, because we are in the physical domain] or smash down the wall with…a bomb, or something. We might not be able to fly but we certainly did use our creativity on technology, creating AIRPLANES that enable us to now be able to go anywhere in the world in a moment’s notice. Who said such things aren’t impossible? Maybe AIDS would be cured in ten years, why not? Some things might not be so impossible, given what kind of potential we have; death and decay in the physical world is inevitable, of course, because of the laws that govern the physical domain, but the creativity that flows from us can bring us time and time again to higher memes and new insights, without anything there to block us.

CONCLUSION DRAWN FROM OTHER FORUMS + OWN FORUM DISCUSSION:
The works:

“The physical world has physical laws that are very difficult or impossible to break. It takes more power or force of will (intent) to accomplish some tasks/deeds than it does others…Mostly (read entirely), the limitations we see are self created.” – plebe

Willpower is definitely needed to accomplish a difficult task or overcome an obstacle; physically, there can be times when it just seems impossible, but on the spiritual level these things can be overcome. The self-created limitations of doubt and worry are figments of the bad side of the ego mind, and they are things we can fight.

“The thing is, what we might think as physical limitations now, could very well not be a limitation 30 years from now. Life is unpredictable, and random things happen all the time.” – Hannah.

As Osho had said, we must embrace the new and whatever random thing may come our way, because although it might take us to places we don’t like so much there’s always a chance of getting somewhere, unlike if we keep staying in one place we won’t be able to advance.

“Our thoughts don't create reality, they define our own reality.” – Kenny

We are what we eat—something doctors always tell us. Likewise, what we think of ourselves gives ourselves the potential to do whatever we want to do; if we limit our thoughts, no matter how hard we try we won’t get to our destination. Physical laws still apply, but without that willpower one has nothing to go against it.

“Because accepting something instead of fighting it will open more possibilities.” – Fermin

By law of physics, the harder one goes against something the more energy one is using, while if one just goes with the motion of the opposing object one can harness that object to one’s bidding. If we resist the new, we will not be advancing; instead, we will be falling back into the recessions of the past.

“So, obstacle is something that hinders progress. But that's only in a certain area. Who said you aren't growing in other areas? With obstacles, don't you have to think harder, even critically think, since there is something blocking you?” – Anita
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger—the trial-and-error learning process we learned in biology teaches us this. If we learn from these obstacles we are growing along with it too; and someday, we might just burn it down.

“There is unlimited potential, but this potential is limited in the physical domain.” – Henning.

This is the key—that if we don’t follow the rules of the physical domain, it screws us right back. We can’t just jump off the Taipei 101 and expect to live with only minor injuries, unless one is very, very lucky—and most of the times this doesn’t apply. But what we can do is get rid of that fear of heights, get rid of the annoying voice in our head that keeps pestering us—we can soar, in other directions.

“Thinking something makes us do something about it. Wanting to live forever motivates us to makes the medicine that does exactly that.” – Joanne

Paraphrasing Edison’s words, necessity is the mother of invention. If we want it truly we would go and JUST DO IT, as Nike would say. No more waiting languidly for what may never come our way—we stand up and fight for what we believe in, and do research on what we think may help us. Even though some things are more impossible than others in the physical domain, it does not mean everything is impossible—could we have flown a hundred years earlier?

In conclusion, there is no such thing as a limitation as long as it is not in the physical domain; and even there, as we can see, willpower and motivation does have some influence over what we can/cannot do. This influence might not be strong enough to keep us from being smashed to hamburger patties when we jump off the edge of the Grand Canyon, but it does help, in some way or another. I feel that I have learned much from these conversations, and am now seeing the people around me with new perspectives after being exposed to so many different viewpoints. What an experience this is!
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum