the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti?

+4
Vincent_Lee
Philly_CS
Kenny
Ajk
8 posters

Go down

Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti? Empty Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti?

Post  Ajk Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi All! I apologize for the lateness of this post. Guess what? The universe saw fit that I live like Thoreau tonight (hopefully only and not on into the weekend. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!)
My electricity in 2/3 of my apartment is not working. So I had to try to take care of that, and then fit in a little exercise before hurrying down to this here tea house to get the assignment for the discussion out to you. No lights, no internet connection, no bedroom fan, no dvd/tv for my one viewing of some American television episode i have on dvd late night b4 going to bed; but blender in kitchen, refrigerator and living room a/c are working. So there's my update. Fun with old downtown apartments. Interestingly enough, along with the electricity, my water pressure meter is also busted - i live on the fifth floor - and so no shower...just took one at gym)

Yup. So tonight's discussion is about Emily Dickinson's choice to mostly stay in her bedroom, looking down and viewing the garden and the wildlife from her window, composing her poetry from this one vantage point.
Is she a Transcendentalist? Please consider whatever direct information you were given in her poems, as well as any inferences you can make, safely.
Have fun with it, and here's to tomorrow being Friday of a very long long week.
Cheers!
Ms. Kay

ps - just in case you haven't already done it, due to the brain capacity of what seems like almost all of us, just read the first page of the poetry packet, the two poems and then the prose explanation following the two poems up to the line above Emerson's poem. Don't do the questions. Very Happy
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti? Empty Re: Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti?

Post  Kenny Thu May 14, 2009 11:23 pm

Ajk wrote:Don't do the questions. Very Happy

AWESOME

Kenny

Back to top Go down

Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti? Empty Re: Is Emily Dickinson a Transcendentalist or Anti?

Post  Philly_CS Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 pm

ajk wrote:Don't do the questions.

Crud!
Philly_CS
Philly_CS

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent_Lee Thu May 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Hehe. Sounds like quite a situation. Can't say I have had anything nearly as bad, though one night I had to study for a math test out in the hallway because it had the only lights left working after a blackout for almost the entire apartment.

Thanks for allowing us just to read the stuff, frees me up a bit to concentrate my mental juices on forum posting, which I have been doing a lot of. Hehe.
Vincent_Lee
Vincent_Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  proey Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Well Ms. Kay, sadly, in Taiwan, there is no peaceful pond ecosystem that you may draw inspiration from. Maybe you can do so from all that pollution and traffic and buildings... and of course, tea. Smile I joke. Power outages very much suck. ://
proey
proey

Back to top Go down

Post  hen Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 am

I suppose it's part of the Taiwan experience. Neutral
hen
hen

Back to top Go down

Post  BC Fri May 15, 2009 12:18 am

Ms Kay,
something to say
sorry for delay
but uh, may i post this answer in like 5 am? Where my thoughts more clear?
Imma do that ok?

BC

Back to top Go down

Post  stephsquared Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 am

sighs. sorry to hear about the black outs.
i dont know why, but when i was in the states i loved blackouts:)
because i love candles:) and we could just sit on the porch with candles everywhere:)
SIGH. i miss those good old days:)
lol... i dont know:) maybe blackouts makes it easier for you to practice meditation... or quiet the mind. cyclops

stephsquared

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down