the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Add some friends

3 posters

Go down

Add some friends Empty Add some friends

Post  Rose Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 pm

Well I have done quite a bit of reading over the last couple of day and I think this forum is going to be a success. May I suggest you add some friends to your friends list as it makes the forum appear more user-friendly to newbies. I have sent out a few myself and I look forward to your replies.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Add some friends Empty Re: Add some friends

Post  hen Fri May 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Interesting that you should point that out. As all of us (sans the outside members) actually know each other in person, we haven't really seen much of a need to add each other as forum friends (and since the forum is still relatively small, we don't have a whole lot of trouble locating one another).

In addition to all that, most of us don't actually know how to add friends yet.

For starters though, I have accepted your friend request. Hopefully our forum really will expand to the point where the friend feature is needed.
hen
hen

Back to top Go down

Add some friends Empty Rose''s suggestion

Post  Ajk Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 am

Hi Rose,
that's a great suggestion. Thank you. I noticed in the box that this is the first of the converstaion about the threads, so I have to check the update, but this is the kind of information that I absolutely welcome and need! Ok, so I'll get with Henning, and we can figure it out. Honestly, I don't totally understand threads, I know they're kinda like links or tags as in on Facebook, so that if we have added each other as friends this will show up as more activity and will make the forum look less closed?

So how do we send threads, or friend requests as you did to friends of ours who haven't visited or joined the forum yet? Just the way Josh did with you?

There are now new topics being introduced today, and you're welcome to join in anywhere. Thanks again for your suggestion, keep em coming! And glad you're enjoying the discussions enough to invite other friends. What a compliment to us.

Love, light and blessings,
Alison J. Kay
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose Tue May 19, 2009 5:18 am

Alison,

I could make quite a few suggestion but it might not be what this forum is intended for. It's not like other forums I have been on in that it seems to be for students to post their essays and compare notes with each other. It all seems rather academic and perhaps that was the intention but some of you are inviting others along and I think at first glace it all looks a bit too serious.

As for threads. Each topic posted creates it's own thread, the list of posts to a topic is called a thread. As for adding people as friends, there is an option in your profile to add friends. It could be clearer who has added who but that might be something that'll become clearer as more people use it.

As for inviting other people to join, like Joshua and I did, we are on other forums and we simply posted this sites address in a post and invited anyone interested in the subject matter to come and check out this site.

I hope that explains things a little.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down