the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gray has questions

3 posters

Go down

Gray has questions Empty Gray has questions

Post  Gray Thu May 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Greeting, Its been awhile since i last went online to talk, and I had accumulated some Ideas I wish you may help me answer.

1. if I call the opposite of the Ego mind "Pen" will it matter

2. A gut feeling and Reading minds are two different things, can you explain how they may be connected

3. If souls are assigned to "bodies" then who is this so called God or what is he.

Please answer the questions for me if possible.

Please enjoy your day
Gray
Gray

Back to top Go down

Gray has questions Empty Re: Gray has questions

Post  hen Fri May 22, 2009 12:16 am

Hello there Gray.

To answer your questions:
1. Rather interesting how you would want to refer to the ego mind as the "Pen." While there's nothing exactly wrong with it, it may confuse others that don't know what you're referring to. If you can somehow inform everyone though, there shouldn't be any problem. You can perhaps do this by adding a note as your signature, which can be edited in "profile," in case you didn't know.

2. A gut feeling, or intuition, as we refer to it, is not a result of our own thinking. It is a feeling that is spontaneous, and comes from beyond. The "reading" mind is the mind we use every day to do calculations, memorize, organize, etc., and the ego mind, or "Pen," in your case, is a component of it.

3. This question may be better answered somewhere in the discussion forum. If you don't find an answer anywhere within the mod discussion, I strongly recommend you creating a new thread in the general discussion board.

Hope this helps.
hen
hen

Back to top Go down

Post  stephsquared Sun May 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi Gray!

i hope you found your answer to your questions, which, by the way, are really well thought out Very Happy

Just in case you haven't found your answers yet, here are my thoughts:

The "reading" mind is actually the ego-mind, which is the voice inside of you that comments, speculates, judges, complains, etc. It's the voice might not be relevant to the situation you are finding yourself in at the time; it may be taking past situations or imagining possible future situations--It often anticipates or predicts negative outcomes which results in worry. That's basically the ego-mind. It helps produce unecessary emotions such as fear, anxiety, paranoia, anger, over excitement etc. to deceive YOU to do/ not do something. For example, you might be afraid of taking risks--but that fear you have is just the ego-mind. Being able to overcome that fear and be able to take risks and go into something completely new and unknown is a great accomplishment of controlling the ego-mind. By risk taking, controlling the ego-mind you will find yourself a lot more satisfied and happy--not just the short term happiness of buying new nike shoes--but genuine spiritual growth and contentment. Sorry I'm digressing. Coming back to your intitial question- the gut feeling, like Hen said, is your instinct or innate/native Self. It's part of your intuition and is the act of pure spontaneity. It is unplanned and untimed... you just simply get that gut feeling out of no where. That is a very significant aspect of YOU. not the ego mind, but YOU, as in your Being/ inner Self (the quieter voice, that's peaceful and doesn't cause worry etc) This Spontaneity is part of your essence. So a quick wrap up: "reading" mind--a factor of the mind, which is an artificially mended and produced tool human beings have. The gut feeling is an aspect of your essence/ the Being.

stephsquared

Back to top Go down

Post  stephsquared Sun May 31, 2009 12:38 pm

for your third question, you can visit BC's mod discussion, we're just in the middle of discussing that lol

stephsquared

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down