the transparent eyeball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind

+18
AllenFang
anita
Andy.S
Philly_CS
joannneee
Jason Jr.
Ajk
Angel
joyceychen
Fermi Fang
Hannah Park
ivy
Steph C
Vicky
Angela
shawanne
Annie Fu
Fermin Liu
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind Empty Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind

Post  Fermin Liu Mon May 18, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey guys! Very Happy

As moderator this week, I would like to share and discuss with everyone a question that has been on my mind for the past week. In English class, where we have learned about Transcendentalism and the infinite potential that people can access when they acknowledge the interconnectivity of everything and believe that anything is possible, Ms. Kay has taught us how to meditate. As the definition of meditation goes, it is supposed to be a relaxing activity that allows the practitioner to cleanse his or her mind and thus, feel one with the universe. In feeling connected to everything, we will then know that there are no real physical boundaries and therefore, transcend the physical to a realm of pure energy, which as we call it in class, is the nonlocal domain of essence.

Thus, with this brief recap or (introduction for newcomers to the forum) of essence and the nonlocal and physical domain, my question is this: In this nonlocal domain of energy where we feel that everything is correlated and exchanging and affecting each other in some way, is telepathy - the ability to communicate and read other people''s thoughts without any physical means but rather just by thinking - possible? Or as wikipedia defines its, \"telepathy describes the purported transfer of information on thoughts or feelings between individuals by means other than the five classical senses.\" Can people who have connected with essence (through meditation or any other methods) and quieted their ego-mind - the mind that makes us think that we are all separate individuals in this world with no connection whatsoever and is too focused on its own problems and fear to realize the bigger picture of interconnectivity - read other people''s thoughts as perceived energy and actually exhibit this ability of telepathy?

Like Ralph Waldo Emerson''s idea of the \"transparent eyeball\", which is the concept that when we feel the interconnectivity of things, we enter a state of energy exchange in which we can see into the insides of other people and they can see into our insides as the transparent eyeballs that we are (the idea of interconnectivity and energy correlation), in his essay \"Nature\", is it possible to manipulate our own energy waves and that of others through meditating which will thus allow us to read other people''s thought? And if telepathy is real, how does it appear in the physical domain? What have been the evidence of this seemingly phenomenal ability that is tangible?

Please discuss and explore every aspect of the topic and give good examples and support for your arguments. Thank you! Very Happy

Here are the links to the other forums on which I have posted the same question:

http://www.successconsciousness.com/cgi-bin/forum/sc/Blah.pl?b-6/m-1242640755/

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20831

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29432

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/meditation/TDLJASCTOF5A7PDMJ

Enjoy! Very Happy

A newly added forum:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=364012&f=67

Very Happy

Another new forum added:

http://www.livingsuccessforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=260&sid=308d1d2a2d18a209447cbe2ef4b845aa

Smile Very Happy Razz

Last edited by Fermin Liu on Fri May 22, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind Empty Re: Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind

Post  Annie Fu Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Oh wow that's a question that has entered my mind before! Yay Very Happy Okay. Hmm but we have to open ourselves up to this universal energy before it can work through us right? So then doesn't it mean that if you want to read person A's mind, then that person will have to be completely open to this universal source so that the two of you can be completely connected to each other? Then when that connection is established and firm, then wouldn' you be able to communicate telepathically? And meditation would be a means by which to establish that connection into the universal energy source right? Haven't meditators been able to communicate spiritually/telepathically this way? Didn't the packet about the mind matter and spirit talk about how the meditators separated were still so deeply connected that when you did one thing to one meditator the other felt it too? Could that be essentially how it works? Except when you're tapped into the nonlocal domain, the potential energies have not been broken down into comprehensible words yet, so perhaps you don't get the exact wording of what person A is trying to tell person B telepathically, but they get the general essence, the general gist, of what the other person is trying to communicate? (for example, Bob wants to tell Bert "I have a piece of ham" but after this connection is established and the message is passed on, Bert understands that Bob is in possession of a piece of ham but just not necessarily in that wording). So perhaps you can only communicate essence, but not specific physical things, because the message should be broken down into the "language of the virtual domain," in to packets of potential energy, but can be translated into the "physical domain dialect" in many different ways (just as you can translate one English sentence into many different Chinese sentences). Yeah, if that makes sense =D I wonder if anyone has ever tried it before? aren't there like people who can "talk to the dead" by connecting into this collective unconsciousness? i do think it's possible though (telepathy), because haven't we all experienced knowing a person so well that you can practically complete their thoughts and know what they're thinking at a particular moment? Wouldn't that be due to a strong sense of that underlying connection between the two individuals?

Smile sorry it's such a run-on paragraph
Annie Fu
Annie Fu

Back to top Go down

Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind Empty Re: Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind

Post  shawanne Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Like Ralph Waldo Emerson's idea of the "transparent eyeball", which is the concept that when we feel the interconnectivity of things, we enter a state of energy exchange in which we can see into the insides of other people and they can see into our insides as the transparent eyeballs that we are (the idea of interconnectivity and energy correlation), in his essay "Nature", is it possible to manipulate our own energy waves and that of others through meditating which will thus allow us to read other people's thought? And if telepathy is real, how does it appear in the physical domain? What have been the evidence of this seemingly phenomenal ability that is tangible?

Hmm. I don't know about others [but this has probably happened a lot to people, or so I think], but aren't there times when you can just look at a person [like, a best friend or some such sort] and you'd know right off the bat almost exactly what that person is thinking. Maybe it takes not only the tapping into the nonlocal domain and universal essence to gain access to the power of telepathy, but it also requires strong interaction with the people around you who you want to communicate with? Or maybe it's just a certain sense of 'knowing' that enables people to 'telepathically' communicate with each other; that knowing might be that both people have spontaneously interconnected for some reason? :O
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Mon May 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Telepathy….I immediately think of twins, and how twins seem to know what each other are thinking and feeling through sensing it. Perhaps it IS the interconnection between their beings that have transcended physical boundaries and entered the state where all is one. It is this intangible feeling that appears spontaneously. Once one enters the mediation state, where an individual is able to feel at one with the universe, perhaps the frequencies/vibrations that one sends out is able to intermingle and interact with other individuals who have similar frequencies. Just like what Annie said, when people meditate, they are able to feel what others are feeling even if they are far away. As Emerson mentioned, the transparent eyeball is where all mean egotism vanishes. It is the ego mind that inhibits the Being from experiencing essence and transcending physical boundaries into the virtual domain of collective unconsciousness. This may be the key to the interconnectivity and energy exchange between different individuals. We are all part of a gigantic energy “soup.” Maybe its more of feeling and experiencing what others are feeling, instead of being able to receive directly what others are thinking. Afterall, essence cannot be communicated through exact words because it is intangible, a feeling that can only be experienced by the Being. Therefore, perhaps it is the feeling that one receives from the energy vibrations that others send out – the interaction of our energy fields with those of others - that allow us to feel what others are feeling.

Interesting topic, by the way. I have wondered about this topic before too !! Very Happy
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicky Mon May 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey Fermin!

Yes, I do believe that when we are able to truly shut down our ego minds, and venture into the realm of essence, we are able to perceive other people’s thoughts – or their “frequencies.” In the nonlocal domain, all energies are part of a huge bowl of “soup,” and the flow of energies between each “individual” happens at every moment. When we are in the nonlocal domain, there isn’t actually a clear distinction between each individual – we all consist of balls of energy that have congregated for the time being, while new energy and old energy continue to flow in and out of that “bundle of energy.” Basically, we’re all interconnected at the most rudimentary level – we just don’t consciously acknowledge this flow of energy.

Actually, in a way, we can sort of feel the flow of energy between each other, however subtle this perception may be. For example, when we enter a room filled with tension, we, too, are immediately affected by the atmosphere, and become more solemn and alert. What causes this transmission of emotions? I think that in the nonlocal domain, the tension-filled room has energy of a certain frequency – one that undulates to create a kind of wave frequency that is marked as “tension.” All the entities or “balls of energy,” of the room is radiating similar patterns of waves. Thus, when an individual, who has not yet felt the air of the room, enters the space, all the “negative” or “tense” energy starts to shoot in the direction of the person. This is kind of like the concept of water potential in biology. Water tends to move from areas of higher water potential to areas that contain lower water potential. Similarly, the room is locked with up overwhelming amounts of alike negative energy, and when a new individual – who is clearly carrying a much different energy than those in the room – enter the room, all the negative energy race to fill the newly entered individual; to go to the individual with the least “negative potential.” Therefore, I think that through this example, we can see that our emotions do interact with each other. This leads me to believe that if we can subconsciously affect each other by our emotions, then if we truly put our hearts to it, we can also transmit our thoughts to one another.

But how do we accomplish this? I think one way to “hear” other people’s thoughts is by shutting down our ego minds and just listen to our intuition. Turning off the ego mind is very important in this process because it is extremely egotistical, as suggested by its name, and tends to judge things based on its own ideas. If we let our ego minds take charge, then we will never be able to comprehend others’ thoughts because we will never be able to slow down and actually listen. When we have successfully tuned out the ego mind, we can start to listen to our intuition. As established previously, our beings are all part of a Universal Being, and the energy of the Universal Being flows freely in and out of each of its components – namely us. Thus, as we allow our beings to take over our bodies, we start to feel the stream of energy that is being exchanged between us and our surroundings. By listening and receiving the thoughts of others without any predisposed judgment, we are ultimately participating in “telepathy.” An example of “telepathy” is when Ms. Kay took us to the teacher’s dormitory and asked us to stand in front of trees and feel the connection of essence. She also mentioned that people who have been more practiced in the taming of their ego minds and the unleashing of their beings tend to be able to stand at greater distances and still see tangibly the movement of the leaves in response to their presence. I think this is a sort of telepathy between the individual and the tree. The reason why the individual is able to interact with the essence of the tree tangibly at a greater distance is because the individual is more aware of his or her being. They have the ability to “use it” more freely than people whose minds are more contaminated by the ego mind.

In between people, though, how does telepathy occur? I still haven’t come up with an answer to this particular question, but I think I have a theory. Usually, telepathy happens to people who are close – especially emotionally. I think by being emotionally close to an individual, we are able to understand their thoughts more clearly. We tend not to be as presumptuous. Therefore, when we are in each other’s presence, our ego mind is not as dominant – it does not have it guard up as high, it is not as afraid of the judgments the other would make to us. This allows our essence to slip through and exchange more easily. And telepathy is the result of being able to let each other’s energies manifest through the other. Yep.

I'm excited to see what other people have to say about this! Very Happy
Vicky
Vicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Steph C Mon May 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Though I've only had one or two experiences meditating, I believe it's likely that one can enter the nonlocal domain, no matter how surreal that sounds to the "average" ear. Scientific accounts have also indicated so. However, I don't think that being in the nonlocal domain constitutes "reading" other peoples' minds. The accounts we read about in class (fraternal twins knowing what happened to their other twin etc.) demonstrated the exchange of ENERGY between beings and that I can accept for now. Peoples' energy fields interact, creating some kind of energetic reaction between the people. With Emerson's transparent eyeball, I don't think we were to LITERALLY look in other peoples mind's and read SPECIFIC thoughts but rather be an invisible observer--the higher self. Through this higher self we can without judgement/bias just observe the interactions of ours and others' energy field collisions. If you consider this observation of merging essences or beings "telepathy," then I'd agree with you.

Annie and I actualyl talked about this briefly earlier and I had the impression that we had totally different stances on the existence of telepathy. But now I realize our views are quite similar. I had said no, telepathy is not possible beacuse only the energy of essence can really be communicated, even in the nonlocal domain. Annie appearantly argued the opposite, that telepathy IS possible because the energy of essence is communicated in the nonlocal. Seems like we're just seeing different sides of the same coin after all.

For the first night of the week, I've offered thoughts on your first question. I'll be thinking about the rest (the ego mind and how telepathy might appear in the physical domain)--this should be interesting.
Steph C
Steph C

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Mon May 18, 2009 11:10 pm

In between people, though, how does telepathy occur? I still haven’t come up with an answer to this particular question, but I think I have a theory. Usually, telepathy happens to people who are close – especially emotionally. I think by being emotionally close to an individual, we are able to understand their thoughts more clearly. We tend not to be as presumptuous. Therefore, when we are in each other’s presence, our ego mind is not as dominant – it does not have it guard up as high, it is not as afraid of the judgments the other would make to us. This allows our essence to slip through and exchange more easily. And telepathy is the result of being able to let each other’s energies manifest through the other. Yep.

So if two people are close, their frequencies are more in tune with each other and can therefore be able to 'talk' to each other without actually talking? :O. That makes sense; it would be pretty weird to most people if a complete stranger was able to tell what exactly someone was thinking. General emotions, though, could be felt pretty quickly as you pointed out in your example of a roomful of tense people; maybe because the tension is a broader emotion and is not as /exact/ as a worded thought that a person is thinking? :O But what about the telepaths on television that come out in shows? Usually when a show starts several people are wheeled into the room, with nobody knowing any of the others; why is the telepath then able to know what they're thinking when s/he does not know any of the subjects at all? Is it a scam or does it require more effort in tapping into the nonlocal domain + getting connected on a higher level [basically, more training] to achieve being able to see strangers' thoughts?
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  ivy Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 pm

When you come to think of it, telepathy is possible at the nonlocal domain, because we are getting in touch at our essence, so in a sense, we are communicating with our minds. When I think of twins, I suppose they are similar at their essence, since they originate from the same being, they are more synchronized at the brain frequency. I suppose when we meditate, we are all correlated to the universal being, thus we are all in sync with the Universal Being as well, so we are at the same frequency channel. That probably does not mean we are able to communicate by telepathy, but that most likely means we are more likely to connect with our essence than with our ego mind.
ivy
ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Park Mon May 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Telepathy...like Angela, at first I thought of twins, like how they're supposed to have this special connection between them. Then, I remembered this documentary from some time ago, how some pets just know that something bad happened to their owner, even when the owner is away on a vacation, or they can sense when the owner is coming back home even though there's no sound to tip them off. Isn't that a telepathic connection? Maybe animals are able to this domain of telepathy more because they live in a more instinct based world than humans. But that doesn't explain the whole twin connection thing right? Maybe because at the essence level we are all the same, twins having spent so much time together has able to decipher how each other work, both at the essence level and how their mind influences them to act a certain way. Shocked

I wonder if someday we'll all be able to use telepathy...we're only using a small portion of our brain, right? Maybe one of those unused sections can be used to use telepathy. Also, after reading Vicky's post, the tree thing made me think...could telepathy lead to telekinesis? Because telekinesis is basically moving stuff with our mind, something we can already do at a very small level, by causing those small flutter of leaves on trees we are near.
Hannah Park
Hannah Park

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermi Fang Mon May 18, 2009 11:18 pm

@shaw...
wat.. frequencies??? WAT?? does this have to go this... sophisticated i mean like...
why cant telepathy be a matter of luck, chance, prediction, and with a mixture of observations and ecetera since being able to know what other people are thinking about maybe it is being able to guess what the other person is thinking of by observing their actions and such ... like ur response to this thing i posted may be blah blah blah... so is this telepathy or not? ...

Fermi Fang

Back to top Go down

Post  joyceychen Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 pm

dont think i'm going to focus on this one, since there seems to be a lot of people here, but i had already typed up a reply when there were only 2 replies, so i'm going to post it anyway. it in a way follows Fermi's line of thinking

ooo, interesting topic Fermin!
I agree with many of the things both Annie and Shawanne have mentioned, especially the latter half of Annie's paragraph. If there is such thing as telepathy, it probably occurs in forms that we cannot fully describe with words. I would think it happens in the nonlocal domain, beyond physical, and bringing it into the physical alters its a bit. (though that means that the geniuses who tap into the nonlocal domain and bring it out through their art, etc can't fully express what they found in the nonlocal domain, right?) Since it's a connection made through essence, preciseness is probably not a problem, as long as the essence [the everyday defintion of it] of the message is understood and grasped.
I also agree with how both members need to open and working with their beings for any sort of telepathy to occur.

though I do have one question, both Shawanne and Annie mentioned that instant feeling of knowing someone/what your friend is thinking. other than the ways S/A mentioned, could this also possibly result from simply just having similar ways of thinking? how sure are we that what we're thinking is what the other person is thinking?
joyceychen
joyceychen

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Mon May 18, 2009 11:29 pm

though I do have one question, both Shawanne and Annie mentioned that instant feeling of knowing someone/what your friend is thinking. other than the ways S/A mentioned, could this also possibly result from simply just having similar ways of thinking? how sure are we that what we're thinking is what the other person is thinking?

Hmm. Good point there. When we are friends with people, don't we [usually] choose people that have similar thought processes like us? Hmm. So assuming that is true for most people, maybe the interconnection arises not from just the nonlocal domain, but also from the similar ways of thought as well? Would similar ways of thought generate energy frequencies that are correlated/come from the same area of the universal essence? :O. Maybe? XD
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue May 19, 2009 12:51 am

Entering the nonlocal domain of essence through means of meditation and interconnectivity between beings and souls must be a truly enlightening experience, although I myself have never – yet – experienced the pure bliss and contentedness derived from the experience. I certainly do believe that achieving this spiritual state is possible! One thing that I can’t be sure of is whether or not an unknown or an unseen complexity arrives momentarily upon entrance into the nonlocal domain. Our beings are likely to be intricately entwined (not forcefully, of course, but gently and gracefully) in this everlasting phase of peace and serenity, and we come into contact with the Universal Being, the realm and identity which we are all a part of. Does this contact then construct a bond between the individual and the Universal Soul that defies the seemingly simplistic – yet beautifully profound – nature of interconnectivity?

Like some people above me, I thought of twins when I saw “telepathy.” It is truly amazing how twins are capable of – perhaps not reading each other’s minds completely – sensing and feeling one another’s emotions so strongly. I wonder if this has anything to do with prediction? It is a magnificent form of art to me, since it is so powerfully abstract and yet frightening at the same time. But I think we all have a bit of the strange “power” inside of us. I suppose it can be both a strength and a weakness, too. I believe it is the process of interconnectivity that enables us to have this immense power of prediction, of knowing, of simply creating with our beings sights that we have never envisioned or witnessed before.
Angel
Angel

Back to top Go down

Telepathy: An Infinite Potential of the Universal Being or A Delusion of the Ego-Mind Empty oooh what a huge question

Post  Ajk Tue May 19, 2009 2:22 am

Fermin
excellent job getting at what you really want to know. Very clear, with a topic that is kind of difficult to be precise in words about.

I am looking forward to viewing where this discussion goes - it already looks really good - and your links look good too. I just clicked on one, and i have saved it to my favorites, the success consciousness one, to check out later.

Here we go! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ajk
Ajk
Admin

https://transparency.darkbb.com; www.transparenteyeballers.blogsp

Back to top Go down

Post  Fermin Liu Tue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm

I just got done reading everyone's replies, and it seems that besides having had great, critical thinking insights, everyone also has another thing in common: our belief in one form or another of telepathy. Very Happy

@ Annie

You said that maybe we will not know the exact thought or words that a person is thinking, but we will know the essence of their message. I agree with you there, but going deeper into that discussion, do you think that those meditators who have been tapping into the common essence for many years now and have completely mastered the art of quieting the ego-mind, can actually read people's thoughts instead of just capture the essence? Like Mozart and Einstein who tapped into this same common essence and manifested its infinite possibilities from the nonlocal domain to the local domain, do you think that our telepathy grows stronger and stronger with more practice? Finally developing into the dominant way in which we feel and live life?

@ Shawanne and everyone else who mentioned twins and knowing what the other person is going to say in their discussions

I too think that there is a deeper connection and power in such a bond between two really good friends or close family members, but what if this supposed 'telepathy' was just an 'ability' developed due to having lived with that person for so long that you already that how he or she is going to react with a lot of things and what he/she is thinking upon a certain stimulus? For example, Felix (my brother for those of you that don't know) and I are really close, we watch a lot of tv together, and thus, we often know that same things and react the same way to certain jokes or comments. There are many times when I have a song stuck in my head that he will just be humming the same song all of a sudden without me having told him that I was thinking about it too. Or sometimes, when we hear someone say something, we will react by saying or doing the same thing (an experience that I’m sure everyone has had with a friend or family member). Thus, with this example, is 'telepathy' still the merging of two people's essence or is it a behavior from either person that has been adopted by both people because of the amount of time that they have spent together? That somehow, because of the time we spend together and the things we know about each other, we begin to like the same things and act the same way. But, maybe this still is the union and connecting of two people's essence and of the Universal Being. So what do you guys think? Is it something that has to do with essence or is it a simply behavioral influence that results from spending too much time together? Very Happy

@ Everyone

And another question that I think will further guide us to discovering and exploring the topic of telepathy in regards to Transcendentalism and infinite potential: Annie said...

but we have to open ourselves up to this universal energy before it can work through us right? So then doesn't it mean that if you want to read person A's mind, then that person will have to be completely open to this universal source so that the two of you can be completely connected to each other? Then when that connection is established and firm, then wouldn' you be able to communicate telepathically?

Since I agree with her about how both people need to be completely open to the Universal Source or Universal Being to then be able to completely connect with each other and thus communicate telepathically, is it possible for freewill to stand in the way of telepathy? Like how when we were watching "The Secret" and Ms. Kay said that even though we may be wishing something upon a person, the freewill of the person still comes into consideration for whether or that that thing we wished upon him/her will manifest. Thus, if we really open up to another person and want to communicate them with our essence (which I think is what we have defined 'telepathy' as) but the other person completely shuts him or herself down and does not want any contact whatsoever on any level, can we then use telepathy and feel their essence and 'read their mind'? Please think hard on this one, guys! Laughing Have fun! Very Happy

@ Ms. Kay

Thank you so much for your comment! Smile
Fermin Liu
Fermin Liu

Back to top Go down

Post  Vicky Tue May 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Hey Fermin!

Is it something that has to do with essence or is it a simply behavioral influence that results from spending too much time together?

In regards to what you said above, I think that there really isn’t much difference in what you said. Our “behaviors” are controlled by the energy of waves in the nonlocal domain. For instance, if the waves that are making up my entity are in fast frequency, then this will cause me to be more hyper and energized. Similarly, if I am exhibiting behavior that indicates that I’m tired, then maybe the wavelengths that “form me” are undulating in slow and big frequencies. Essence, too, is part of the nonlocal domain – our essences are characterized by the “balls of energy” that cluster together. Therefore, I think that our behaviors have to do with the activity that is happening in the essence level – the nonlocal domain – you have basically said two similar statements. And yes, I do agree that telepathy between individuals occurs through the exchanging of essences from both people. I think that by spending more time with each other, we are more familiar with the general aura or energy level of the other. Also as a result of spending a lot of time together, both of the individual’s ego minds will not have their guards up as high. The exchange of essence is then able to be manifested more easily in the physical domain by the voicing of similar thoughts. The less alert ego minds of both people also the other’s energy – which leads to thoughts – that penetrate through it.

Thus, if we really open up to another person and want to communicate them with our essence (which I think is what we have defined 'telepathy' as) but the other person completely shuts him or herself down and does not want any contact whatsoever on any level, can we then use telepathy and feel their essence and 'read their mind'?

My answer to your question is yes. I think that when the other “shuts” him or herself down they are not actually shutting down their essence, but their ego mind. Another way to put this is that they are letting their ego mind gain even more dominance. However, as we are all part of a Universal Being, all the energies and essences are interconnected; they flow freely within the universe. Thus, when we choose to quiet down our own ego mind and truly listen to our being, then I believe that we can hear or feel what others are thinking. The energy exchange between two individuals occurs even if one of them doesn’t want to. Just like how I can’t decide whether or not I want to transfer my heat to the table – when I touch it, heat automatically transfers between us.

Being to then be able to completely connect with each other and thus communicate telepathically, is it possible for freewill to stand in the way of telepathy?

As to this question, I think that freewill cannot stand in the way of telepathy – if one person really quiets down and wants to hear the other person’s thoughts, then they are able be. We are part of this Universal Being, there are no secrets between its components. However, I’m not saying that we can't have freewill. On the contrary, we have the power to change the frequencies that we are vibrating at, and create things that we want. Others are not able to “create reality” for us. It is our reality. That is why we cannot want something for another. Only the individual can create what they want.
Vicky
Vicky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Jr. Tue May 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi its me Jason

Please welcome My ultimate response to the topic which i don't quiet understand but sure. anyways, after reading the many Responses, I think everyone is thinking way too hard. Feel your first reaction to the question and answer.

My answer is No way. If there is that person would have already been hunted down and killed in the witch trails if they survived they will most likely be continuously monitored by the CIA of some other Private organization. There may have been people with this kind of ability in the past but i believe that whoever has this ability will either be extremely lonely or extremely Nosy.

Take a moment and just think about it. we humans lose our abilities if we don't constantly use them, then what kind of people will always want to use an ability as dark or as crooked as this one. Their have to be extremely lonely and want friends, by being this way, they want to know what people are saying.

If there were these kinds of people, I will personally want to hunt them down for they most likely have mental issues. regardless of how they are, If they can read minds secrets would be meaningless. Modern day technology has already made it very easy to track people, but invading the mind where I believe is a sacred place for everyone for it is the only safe place to put a secret is beyond tracking but harassment.

This is my ideas and my hate for anyone that wants to get into my mind and flip me upside down, (This is for Psychologists)

Bye
have a nice Day

cat
P.S. Cats Own
Jason Jr.
Jason Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Park Tue May 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Well, I agree with Jason on the part that if there was a person before who is telepathic, they probably would've been locked up or burned, depending on the time...unless they managed to hide their power. But could people develop telepathy? Just the fact that humans thought of the concept of telepathy suggest that somewhere deep inside we want to know what other people think, or that we think it might be, however unlikely it may see to some more than others, possible? Shouldn't the fact that the human could think of a particular concept make it likely to happen, because thoughts create reality What a Face Telepathy might not seem that possible now, but people thought that airplanes or going to the moon was impossible at times too. But that didn't mean they did not think about flying or visiting the moon, the just made mythical stories or sci-fi books about it...just like what we're doing right now with telepathy.

Well, about I think that free will should be able to stop others from reading one's mind. Earlier, practically everyone was talking about how between people who are particularily close, there seems to be some sort of telepathic connection. Doesn't that imply that if telepathy does work, it can only be between people who are already close and are willing to open up to each other? So if one of the two people who are communicating telepathically is no longer willing to do so, shouldn't the connection be closed? I mean it's just a mean of shifting frequencies or something like that, assuming that's how telepathy works, and it's more or less scientifically proven that people are capable of doing that through meditation. Therefore, I think telepathy is more of a matter of cooperation on both ends, instead of one mind probing into another.
Hannah Park
Hannah Park

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Tue May 19, 2009 9:13 pm

but we have to open ourselves up to this universal energy before it can work through us right?So then doesn't it mean that if you want to read person A's mind, then that person will have to be completely open to this universal source so that the two of you can be completely connected to each other? Then when that connection is established and firm, then wouldn' you be able to communicate telepathically?

Opening ourselves up to the unversal being, as if we were transparents eyeballs, where people can see into us and we can freely see outside (interconnection for all) is what allows us to develop the channel of inuition. Just as Annie said, once we open the channel of intuition – of spontaneity and instinct – we will be able to connect and feel at one with others, just like what many of the previous posts said about the the interrelation and connection of the Being.

As for freewill. I am not completely sure, but I think that freewill cannot stand in the way of telapathy, because as you defined telepathy, the essence of our Beings are interconnected with others’ Beings, therefore, the Being is dominating the ego mind. I believe that the soul has been brought to a higher level, into a the collective unconsious. Therefore, the power and potential of our Beings to act and to create will overcome the freewill. That’s my thought on your question. Very Happy
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie Fu Tue May 19, 2009 9:19 pm

in response to joyce's question & shawanne's response:

you know how there are some ppl in the world that naturally have a discerning stare or how some people are really good at body language reading? like the ppl who just knows when to stay away from someone @ a particular time vs those who can't take a hint? perhaps the ppl who just INSTINCTIVELY know the appropriate behavior @ a particular time are those that r better connected to the nonlocal domain. Actually, wait - not better connected, but are MORE AWARE of the connection to the nonlocal domain, and therefore becomes more aware of the subtle differential frequencies that the ppl around by in the quantum domain. By being aware of the subtle changes in the frequencies and vibrations, one would be more aware of the physical domain as well, and thus be able to better "read" people.

And Fermin:

I have to say, that's really an interesting redirecting of this discussion Smile Good job!
Hmm, I think Mozart and Einstein did tap into the same common essence and manifested the infinite possibilities there - however, they, although having a strong underlying connection to the same nonlocal domain, have manifested very different things into this world. Mozart chose to manifest this essence through music, while Einstein through revolutionary science. Doesn't that difference in manifestation show that although things share the same source, the way they manifest that source distinguishes them from one another and makes each and every one of us a unique individual? I do believe that with more practice the connection to the essence grows stronger and stronger, so that it can capture more specifics and thus have a more accurate "telepathy" ability. However, as the same message would pass through two different individuals and therefore go through two different "channels," I don't believe complete 100% accuracy is all that possible. I do think that they can get very accurate, just not that each and every thought becomes identical.

To Fermin's question for Shawanne & others:
I agree with Vicky's response :O our behaviors are the physical manifestations of the way our energy is vibrating, and so perhaps when you're really close to someone your energies would intermingle and mix more so that the connection becomes stronger and stronger, so that would cause more similar manifestations of these energies into behaviors. Perhaps telepathy is just the ability to be able to be aware of the subtle differences in all these balls of energy that are constantly mixing and intermingling with our own.

To Vicky's answer to Fermin's question:
I like the way you think! =D You're ideas are so insightful! Hmm so maybe shutting yourself off from the universal being is only possible at the physical level - and the only thing that you're blocking is your ego mind. You can't tell the energy waves that make up you to stop vibrating - just as you can't tell the potential of the virtual domain to stop manifesting. Choosing to "shut oneself from the nonlocal domain" would only be blocking yourself from experiencing the interconnectedness - but at a deeper level you are still connected to everything else, whether you like it or not. So it's not possible to put a barrier between the physical and the nonlocal domain because the nonlocal domain is what creates the physical - and without the nonlocal the physical would not exist. You can only trick yourself into thinking that you've blocked yourself from the greater collection of connectivity, when in reality all you're doing is sending another type of signal, you're only changing the frequency and vibrations of the ball of energy that constitutes you. So others will be able to perceive that change and interpret it as you trying to shut yourself off. That change in frequency is really not different than the change in frequencies of when you're mad to when you're happy. So perhaps that act of tyring to "shut youself off" is but another type of emotion/manifestation of energy?

Free will - you can't mess with others, and you only have total control over your own. Your free will allows you to change the vibrations and frequencies of the energies that you are made of. Like the movie Bruce Almighty - God can do anything BUT mess with free will. When we think we are free - when we think we can change our energy frequencies!

Oh. And isn't trying to "stand in the way of telepathy" just another THOUGHT that can be read? (like Bob, in an attempt to try and block himself from telepathy, would repeatedly think "they cna't read my thoughts they can't read my thoughts" and ultimately that's what people read?)

Lol Jason,
I think that's a too narrow definition of telepathy. What you're thinking is like those mind-readers and "witchlike" people, when in fact telepathy occurs in a more subtle form everyday, at every moment. Haven't you been able to look at someone's face and can then be able to make a guess on what that person is thinking? (usually when you're really close to that person?) We're not talking telepathy as the way tv shows and movies may present it as.

Hannah:
Maybe being open to the universal oneness just makes the process easier and the range of thoughts one is able to tap into broader? The connection would be stronger if both sides were cooperative, so to speak, but you'd still be able to guess at what a person is thinking even when they're trying to be "shut off" from the interconnectivity of everything?
Annie Fu
Annie Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie Fu Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm

(another addition)

perhaps free will allows you to change your energy frequencies/vibrations so you're basically changing other ppl's perception of you. however, freewill cannot delete the connection between you and everything else because w/o this connection we're not connected to the source of life and everythig - wouldn't we become nonexistent then?

I like the aforementioned ideas about the animals having more precise instincts because they have less ego-mind obstructing their way.
Annie Fu
Annie Fu

Back to top Go down

Post  Angela Tue May 19, 2009 9:42 pm

I sudddenly thought of something else. The matter mind and spirit packet and another packet that also mentioned the different levels of consioussness and of our awareness of our Beings mentioned that the physical domain is where things seem to hold a solid state. Chairs seem to be nothing but pieces of wood nailed together and objects seem like invidiual and separate “entities.” Yet, that is they are simply a manisfestation of our thoughts because our senses do not allow us to see what these “entities” are acutally composed of – the same “stuff” that we are composed of – energy!! An understanding that different things have different appearance and feelings that we feel due to the distinct frequencies of energy that different things emit. Relating back to Fermin’s discussion, we simply do not know the the types of frequencies that different things send out because our senses simply do not allow us to percieve them. Therefore, we are not able to see what kind of frequencies match or mix with our frequencies, or what kind of frequencies to avoid or come into contact with. Therefore, all we do is FEEL with our Being and spontaniously experience the intermingling of our energy fields. With our ego minds dominating, we will be taped down to the physical domain, where things appear as separate and invidiual. But once we are able to open our channel of intuition and experience the ONESNESS of the Universal Being, then we do not need to believe things to be what they really arent, because we can truly and clearly sense things and see things in realtion to our own Beings. Leading up to transcending physical boundaries, are simply a manistestation of our thoughts. Therefore, I believe that our Beings are able to control what happens, including what the ego mind has in plan.
Angela
Angela

Back to top Go down

Post  shawanne Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 pm

...I /knew/ I should've come on sooner. XD; So anyways

I sudddenly thought of something else. The matter mind and spirit packet and another packet that also mentioned the different levels of consioussness and of our awareness of our Beings mentioned that the physical domain is where things seem to hold a solid state. Chairs seem to be nothing but pieces of wood nailed together and objects seem like invidiual and separate “entities.” Yet, that is they are simply a manisfestation of our thoughts because our senses do not allow us to see what these “entities” are acutally composed of – the same “stuff” that we are composed of – energy!! An understanding that different things have different appearance and feelings that we feel due to the distinct frequencies of energy that different things emit. Relating back to Fermin’s discussion, we simply do not know the the types of frequencies that different things send out because our senses simply do not allow us to percieve them. Therefore, we are not able to see what kind of frequencies match or mix with our frequencies, or what kind of frequencies to avoid or come into contact with. Therefore, all we do is FEEL with our Being and spontaniously experience the intermingling of our energy fields. With our ego minds dominating, we will be taped down to the physical domain, where things appear as separate and invidiual. But once we are able to open our channel of intuition and experience the ONESNESS of the Universal Being, then we do not need to believe things to be what they really arent, because we can truly and clearly sense things and see things in realtion to our own Beings. Leading up to transcending physical boundaries, are simply a manistestation of our thoughts. Therefore, I believe that our Beings are able to control what happens, including what the ego mind has in plan.

Ah. So does this mean that if we use our Being/thought regularly enough, we'll be able to more clearly discern what the others are saying as opposed to just going about our lives being somewhat surpressed by the ego mind? Hm. Makes sense. XD. Which means that actually telepathy is open to everyone and anybody could do it, it just depends on how intuned to his/her Being that person is? Or does it need something more?
shawanne
shawanne

Back to top Go down

Post  ivy Tue May 19, 2009 10:18 pm

I agree with what Shawanne is saying, and I think if we are in tuned with our being, then we can more likely to be able to connect with one another, just like being in touch with the Universal Being.
Isn't that what the collective consciousness about? People tuned into the same frequency are more likely to connect with one another, I suppose. Isn't the nonlocal domain specifically talking about the ability for people to be on the same plane, and being able to connect to one another?
ivy
ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Jr. Tue May 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Hello
i am writing this to contradict Annie

Being able to tell what a person is thinking just by knowing them so well isn't telepathy, its just your so used to them that you know how they will respond or you know human nature so well you can "predict" what they will do next. These so called telepathic moments are just predictions and when they come true, we brag about how we know what what they want to say or do before they did it. This doesn't have anything to do with reading minds, this doesn't even require mediation or quieting the Mind, This is just understanding of another person.

No one will freak out if this happened to them, especially if they have known each other for a long time. But i believe the topic was about telepathy, and reading minds instead of understanding someone to the degree of knowing what they're about to do.

I'm sorry the i had to contradict your ideas but it was too funny to not.

Bye

cat
P.S. Cats Own
Jason Jr.
Jason Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next